Updates for the Week of March 24, 2019
The Sundt-Davila Joint Venture team will pour concrete for the sidewalk on the Commerce Street bridge and continue pouring concrete for the new channel walls between Houston and Commerce streets.
Crews will continue installing new conduit and boxes for lighting in Phase 1.1.
- North Santa Rosa from Quincy to Columbus streets is closed.
- The southernmost lanes of Commerce Street from Flores to Laredo streets are closed.
- The northernmost lanes and sidewalk of Dolorosa Street from Laredo Street to Plaza de Armas will be closed. Street parking in this area also will be closed.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is permanently closed until construction is complete.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- Crews will continue installing new traffic control devices for the pedestrian crossing on North Santa Rosa between Quincy and Columbus streets.
- The team will continue pouring concrete for the new channel walls between Houston and Commerce streets in Phase 1.2.
- Crews will pour concrete for the sidewalk tie-in on the Commerce Street bridge.
- Crews will continue installing drilled piers between Commerce, Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- A subcontractor will install drilled piers for the Dolorosa Street bridge and channel wall.
- The construction team will excavate for a pier cap between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- Pavers and the sidewalk on Dolorosa Street will be restored.
- For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.