Updates for the week of July 12, 2021
- Both lanes of Houston Street are closed between Laredo and Camaron streets, and the westbound lane of Houston Street is closed between Flores and Laredo streets.
- Eastbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Santa Rosa, Dolorosa and Flores streets.
- Westbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Flores, Travis and Santa Rosa streets.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is permanently closed until construction is complete.
- Nueva Street between Laredo Street and South Flores Street is closed through early 2023.
- Graham Street, Camp Street and Guadalupe Street at the creek are closed.
- The northern portion of the Alamo Street bridge is closed.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- Crews are installing brick pavers, tree irrigation, and planting on Houston Street.
- Railing is being installed.
- The construction team will be installing the Nueva crest gate in late July, and the installation of the Nueva bridge substructure will commence.
- The structural walls on the Nueva to Cesar Chavez block will be complete, and installation of an irrigation mainline in this area will start soon.
- Utility work near Guadalupe Street continues in addition to the installation of a new culvert. Additionally, the transmission tower in front of Ruby City has been relocated.
- Camp Street has been demolished and excavation of the Alamo crest gate has started.
- The south half of the Alamo Street bridge is complete.
For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.