Updates for the week of January 24, 2021
The Sundt-Davila Joint Venture team will install a stormwater trash collection structure at the Houston Street bridge.
- Both lanes of Houston Street are closed between Laredo and Camaron streets, and the westbound lane of Houston Street is closed between Flores and Laredo streets.
- Eastbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Santa Rosa, Dolorosa and Flores streets.
- Westbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Flores, Travis and Santa Rosa streets.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is permanently closed until construction is complete.
- The southern lane of Dolorosa Street is closed from South Laredo Street to Plaza de Armas.
- Nueva Street between Laredo Street and South Flores Street is closed through early 2023.
- Graham Street, Camp Street and Guadalupe Street at the creek are closed.
- The southern portion of the Alamo Street bridge is closed.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- The Sundt-Davila Joint Venture team will install a stormwater trash collection structure at the Houston Street bridge.
- Crews will pour concrete for the pedestrian bridge deck, planters and benches at the Houston Street bridge.
- A subcontractor will backfill the Spanish Governor’s Palace wall and remove the temporary fencing.
- The team will install cobble bottom between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- Crews will excavate and then form and pour concrete for a pier cap between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- The Sundt-Davila team will form and pour concrete for a wall footing between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- Electric and natural gas utility work on Nueva Street continues.
- A subcontractor will begin installing drilled shafts at the Guadalupe Street bridge.
- Crews will form and pour concrete for the wall footing between Guadalupe and Camp streets.
- A subcontractor will pour concrete for the utility manhole structure slab at the Camp Street bridge.
- The team will backfill the Alamo Street bridge supports.
For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.