Updates for the week of April 19, 2021
ALAMO STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
The San Pedro Creek Culture Park construction team has been working on replacement of the Alamo Street Bridge since September of 2020. As a result, Alamo Street has been reduced to two lanes (North lanes) going in both directions between South Flores Street and I-10. In late April 2021, the South lanes of Alamo Street will open, and the North lanes of Alamo Street will close – pedestrian access on Alamo Street will be unavailable with the closure of the North lanes. Alamo Street will remain reduced to two lanes through early 2023.
Please contact Monica Trevino-Ortega at the San Antonio River Authority for any questions or concerns: 210-302-3257.
- Both lanes of Houston Street are closed between Laredo and Camaron streets, and the westbound lane of Houston Street is closed between Flores and Laredo streets.
- Eastbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Santa Rosa, Dolorosa and Flores streets.
- Westbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Flores, Travis and Santa Rosa streets.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is permanently closed until construction is complete.
- Nueva Street between Laredo Street and South Flores Street is closed through early 2023.
- Graham Street, Camp Street and Guadalupe Street at the creek are closed.
- The southern portion of the Alamo Street bridge is closed.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- The west CDS unit is complete, crews will be starting on the east CDS unit in the next couple of weeks.
- The Sundt Davila Joint Venture team will be installing railing in the gardens area north of Commerce Street.
- Underground electric and gas work on Nueva street will be wrapping up.
- Water line activities are expected to start in two weeks.
- Crews will be installing new culvert walls just north of Camp Street.
- The Camp Street bridge has been removed, and drilled shafts are being installed for the new bridge.
- Alamo traffic lanes are expected to switch in late April. The south lanes will be closed and the north lanes will be open to vehicular traffic.
For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.