Updates for the week of May 31, 2020
The Sundt-Davila team will complete gas and water utility tie-ins at the Houston Street bridge as CPS Energy continues pulling and splicing underground electric utilities.
- Both lanes of Houston Street are closed between Laredo and Camaron streets, and the westbound lane of Houston Street is closed between Flores and Laredo streets.
- Eastbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Santa Rosa, Dolorosa and Flores streets.
- Westbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Flores, Travis and Santa Rosa streets.
- The southernmost lanes and sidewalk of Dolorosa Street from Laredo Street to Plaza de Armas are closed.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is permanently closed until construction is complete.
- Graham Street and Camp Street at the creek are closed.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
New and Upcoming Closures
- Camp Street: May 18th
- Guadalupe: June 1st (estimated)
- Alamo: Early July (estimated)
- Nueva: Mid June (estimated)
- Substantial Completion: February 2023
- The Sundt-Davila team will complete gas and water utility tie-ins at the Houston Street bridge as CPS Energy continues pulling and splicing underground electric utilities.
- Crews will sandblast the walls between Commerce and Dolorosa streets.
- Crews will fine grade and then lay asphalt on Dolorosa Street at the bridge.
- The team will form and pour concrete for a wall footing and stem between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- A subcontractor will install the planter wall stone between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- Crews continue to install drilled piers between Graham Street and Cesar Chavez Boulevard.
- CPS Energy will continue the relocation of overhead electrical lines at the Graham Street bridge.
- The team will demolish various surface features of the Camp Street bridge.
For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.