Updates for the week of April 12, 2020
The Sundt-Davila team will continue construction of the southern half of Dolorosa St. Bridge setting forms for the Abutments
- Both lanes of Houston Street are closed between Laredo and Camaron streets, and the westbound lane of Houston Street is closed between Flores and Laredo streets.
- Eastbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Santa Rosa, Dolorosa and Flores streets.
- Westbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Flores, Travis and Santa Rosa streets.
- The northern sidewalk of Commerce Street between Flores and Laredo streets is closed. The southern sidewalk remains open to pedestrian traffic.
- The southernmost lanes and sidewalk of Dolorosa Street from Laredo Street to Plaza de Armas are closed.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is permanently closed until construction is complete.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- Graham Street at the creek is closed.
- The Sundt-Davila team will install water wall light fixtures between Houston and Commerce streets.
- Installation of underground utilities at the Houston Street bridge continues.
- A subcontractor will apply stucco to adjacent creek walls.
- Crews will install a storm water trash collection structure at the Dolorosa Street bridge.
- The Sundt-Davila team will pour concrete for the Dolorosa Street bridge abutments.
- Crews will set rebar to prepare for concrete pours for the channel slab under the Dolorosa Street bridge.
- A subcontractor will install limestone veneer between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- The team will pour concrete for the wall foundation between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- The Sundt-Davila team will remove asphalt to prepare for pier installations at the Graham Street bridge.
- Crews will demolish the Graham Street bridge.
- The team will clear the channel limits between Graham Street and Cesar Chavez Blvd.
For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.
Construction & Street Closure Update
To accommodate construction of Phase 2 of the San Pedro Creek Culture Park – from Guadalupe Street to South Alamo Street – there will be various street and lane closures.
These closures will begin late March and run through the completion of Phase 2, which is tentatively scheduled at the end of 2022.
Alamo Street: POSTPONED indefinitely
Guadalupe Street: Closure starting April 6th
Camp Street: Closure starting April 13th