Updates for the week of Aug. 16, 2020
The Sundt-Davila team will continue installing piers at the Houston Street bridge.
- Both lanes of Houston Street are closed between Laredo and Camaron streets, and the westbound lane of Houston Street is closed between Flores and Laredo streets.
- Eastbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Santa Rosa, Dolorosa and Flores streets.
- Westbound traffic should follow the detour signs on Flores, Travis and Santa Rosa streets.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is permanently closed until construction is complete.
- The southern lane of Dolorosa Street is closed from South Laredo Street to Plaza de Armas.
- Nueva Street between Laredo Street and South Flores Street is closed through early 2023.
- Graham Street, Guadalupe Street and Camp Street at the creek are closed.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
New and Upcoming Closures
- Commerce St. southern sidewalk to be closed next week between Laredo and Camaron Streets. Expect closure to last through August.
- The Sundt-Davila team will continue installing piers at the Houston Street bridge.
- A subcontractor will begin installing a storm drain at the Houston Street bridge.
- The team will fine-grade the west lawn planting areas and rough-in electrical between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- Crews will finish pouring concrete for the sidewalk and an access ramp along Calder Alley.
- Crews will continue placing drilled shafts at the Nueva Street bridge.
- A subcontractor will continue installing underground electric utilities on Nueva Street.
- The team will finish excavating the west bank and demolishing the channel wall of the creek between Nueva and Graham streets.
- Crews will finish relocating telecommunication utilities to prepare for Phase 2 construction.
For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.