Updates for the Week of October 21, 2018
The Sundt-Davila Joint Venture team will continue digging the channel and performing utility work at the Commerce Street bridge in Phase 1.2. Crews will continue hauling off drilling spoils between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- All lanes of Commerce Street and the sidewalks from Flores Street to Laredo Street will be closed.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is closed permanently until construction is complete.
- Pedestrians walking to Market Square, the Farmers Market or Main Plaza should use Dolorosa, Santa Rosa or Camaron Streets to avoid construction on the Commerce Street bridge.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- The Sundt-Davila Joint Venture team will be replacing a bracket in the pump pit at the tunnel inlet in Phase 1.1
- The team will continue digging the creek channel at the Commerce Street bridge.
- Crews will continue drilling pier foundations and hauling drilling spoils in Phase 1.2.
- The team will prepare to pour concrete for a pier cap between Houston and Commerce streets.
- A subcontractor will continue to dig, lay and backfill gas lines at the Commerce Street bridge.
- Crews will begin installing piers at the Commerce Street bridge.
- The team will continue pouring concrete for the wall stabilization cap and curb between Commerce and Dolorosa streets.
- For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.