Phase 1, Segment 1 Is Now Open. Construction of the San Pedro Creek Culture Park Continues.
Preparation for Phase 1.2
Updates for the Week of September 16, 2018
The Sundt-Davila Joint Venture team will continue setting underground electric infrastructure at the Commerce Street bridge in Phase 1.2.
To view a larger, downloadable version of the traffic map that shows all closures, please click here.
- All lanes of Commerce Street and the sidewalks from Flores Street to Laredo Street will be closed for three months.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is closed permanently until construction is complete.
- Pedestrians walking to Market Square, the Farmers Market or Main Plaza should use Dolorosa, Santa Rosa or Camaron Streets to avoid construction on the Commerce Street bridge.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- Crews will continue hauling off spoils from drilling shafts between Houston and Commerce Streets in Phase 1.2.
- Crews will continue installing stabilization shafts between Houston and Commerce Street.
- The team will form and pour concrete for a pier cap between Houston and Commerce streets.
- Crews will continue setting the underground electric infrastructure at the Commerce Street bridge.
- Crews will continue to rebuild the historic wall between Commerce and Dolorosa streets.
- The team will install stabilization rods and shafts between Commerce and Dolorosa streets and begin installation of rods between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- Raba Kistner will be conducting data recovery excavations to document archaeological deposits encountered in Calder Alley.
- For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.