Phase 1, Segment 1 Is Now Open. Construction of the San Pedro Creek Culture Park Continues.
To accommodate the project’s underground utility work that is currently taking place, please be aware of possible lane closures and road detours if traveling downtown near the construction area. For the latest construction and traffic information, please sign up for construction email updates below or download the San Pedro Creek app on Google Play or on iTunes.
- All lanes of Commerce Street and the sidewalks from Flores Street to Laredo Street will be closed for three months.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is closed permanently until construction is complete.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- The Sundt-Davila Joint Venture team will continue hauling off spoils from drilling shafts between Houston and Commerce Streets.
- Subcontractors will install and seal terrazzo bench elements between Travis and Houston Streets.
- Sundt is excavating and installing a temporary lag wall at the Commerce Street Bridge.
- The construction team will excavate and install siphon lines and steel casing at the Commerce Street Bridge; installation and set up work on a sewer bypass at the bridge continues.
- Crews will isolate the gas line at the bridge.
- The construction team will install a water meter at the San Antonio River on Arsenal Street. The ADA access ramp from Arsenal Street to the San Antonio River trail will be closed until Friday, July 27th.
- Raba Kistner will be conducting data recovery excavations to document archaeological deposits encountered in Calder Alley.
- For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.