On May 5, 2018, the San Pedro Creek Culture Park was unveiled to the community with a grand opening celebration.
One year later, we look back at the exciting year of culture, art, nature — and purpose — that brought the people of Bexar County together.
The San Pedro Creek Culture Park honors the history of the sacred creek, improves flood control and water quality, and provides a respite for the community. Thousands of visitors have experienced the park that goes farther than just being beautiful.
The past year has also brought recognition to the hard work put into the revitalization of the vital creek. The San Pedro Creek Culture Park has received these awards since its grand opening:
- TxA Citation of Honor Award
- ENR Best Project Award – Landscape
- Mayor’s Choice Award – Best Project
- ACEC Texas Engineering Excellence Award – Water and Wastewater Gold Medal (Grand Award Winner 1 of 16)
- Best of the City Ongoing Transformation Award – San Antonio Magazine
- American Advertising Awards (Gold – Best Online/Interactive Campaign and Bronze – Fiesta Medal)
- San Antonio Business Journal: Building San Antonio Awards – Best Government/Public Project
- American Public Works Association (APWA) – Project of the Year Award
You’re invited to experience the San Pedro Creek Culture Park too. Invite your friends and family to see where purpose meets beauty.
Download the mobile app before you go. Choose what you’re interested in — culture, art, nature, or all — and follow the map to visit the landmarks of your choosing. Learn about the San Pedro Creek Culture Park and its history and significance as you stroll along the creek bank at your own pace.