By deepening and widening the existing channel and replacing the eight street bridges, the project will contain 100-year floodplain within the San Pedro Creek banks.
The project will catalyze a $1.5 billion economic impact by creating 2,100 new housing units, 1,428 new downtown employees, 7,300 new downtown residents, 150% increase in new property value and $225 million in ad valorem tax revenue.
Through the use of low-impact development features including bioswales, aquatic plantings and the removal of floatables, the project will advance the water quality and ensure the sustainability of our biotic habitats.
The Project will celebrate and express the culture, history and natural qualities of Bexar County through a series of temporary and permanent artworks, artistic treatments, interpretative signage, performances and interactive exhibits.
Transforming a forgotten creek into a beautiful park that encompasses the culture, art, and nature of our home is no easy feat. We’re proud that San Pedro Creek Culture Park and its project partners have gained recognition for excellence in areas such as landscape environmental design, engineering, and advertising.
- TxA Citation of Honor Award
- ENR Best Project Award – Landscape
- Mayor’s Choice Award – Best Project
- ACEC Texas Engineering Excellence Award – Water and Wastewater Gold Medal
- Grand Award Winner (1 of 16)
- Best of the City Ongoing Transformation Award – San Antonio Magazine
- American Public Works Association – Public Works Project of the Year – Environment Division
- Public Art Network 2019 Year in Review Award – De Todos Caminos Somos Todos Uno by Adriana GarciaGot
- American Advertising Awards (Addy’s)
- Gold – Best Online/Interactive Campaign
- Bronze – FIESTA Medal
Welcome to San Pedro Creek Culture Park
After centuries of history, decades of dreaming, and years of planning, the San Pedro Creek Culture Park is finally here. Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff and Bexar County Commissioner Paul Elizondo welcome you to the next chapter in the San Pedro Creek’s legacy.