Updates for the Week of December 9, 2018
The Sundt-Davila Joint Venture team will excavate the channel south of the Commerce Street bridge. Utility work at the Commerce Street bridge will continue.
- All lanes of Commerce Street and the sidewalks from Flores Street to Laredo Street will be closed for three months.
- The two northernmost lanes of Dolorosa Street from Laredo Street to Plaza de Armas will be closed for approximately three months. Street parking in this area also will be closed.
- Calder Alley between Dolorosa and West Commerce Street is closed permanently until construction is complete.
- Pedestrians walking to Market Square, the Farmers Market or Main Plaza should use Dolorosa, Santa Rosa or Camaron Streets to avoid construction on the Commerce Street bridge.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- Fabrication work on a rail for the Travis Street gatehouse in Phase 1.1 will continue.
- Crews will continue hauling off drilling spoils in Phase 1.2.
- CPS Energy will continue pulling and splicing wire on Commerce Street.
- The team will excavate the channel south of the Commerce Street bridge.
- A subcontractor will dig, lay and backfill a 4-inch gas line on Commerce Street.
- Crews will form and pour concrete for two columns at the Commerce Street bridge.
- The team will install shafts between Commerce and Dolorosa streets.
- Utility work at the Dolorosa Street bridge continues.
- A crew will backfill a stabilization cap between Dolorosa and Nueva streets.
- For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.